Let's know her better: Shreya Kalra from www.ftlofaot.com

Hey you lovely people. Without wasting time in my stupid random convo let's get to business.(ya right!). I hope you are not dumb and understood that the post is basically a casual interview of the blogger Shreya Kalra. (sorry to those whom I referred to as dumb.you know how I am.) I have been following blogs since years and I wouldn't be bluffing if I said I have been following Shreya's blog since the begining. She is a diva, a lawyer, a writer and a reader. Her blog reflects her personality. I love her style and confidence.There are so many things I know about this beautiful lady, but there were some I needed to know and moreover I wanted to share it with you guys. I wanted to show that blogging in India has become a big deal and we ought to appreciate the ones who have worked their a** off and have become successful indian bloggers.

So here you go. Let's know her better.

Sindhu Gupta: Congratulations on your recent milestone Shreya. How does it feel?

Shreya Kalra:
Thank you so much. It sure feels amazing, most naturally. the fulfilling part of it is however, the emails, messages and comments that urge me to keep doing what I do.
SG: You have attended a lot of blogger events. Few of the interesting ones were the Suneet Verma styling competition and your project with 'The Mill'. Does it help to be a part of these events? You feel collaborations are good for a blogger?
SK:
I love the concept of blogger events and collaborations. I just believe in associating with brands that I personally approve of and relate to, in order to not misled my readers or their buyers. Its also essential that as a blogger I get the right amount of benefits from a collaboration so most collaborations are based on these two ideologies. Blogger events, again I personally think are fun and a great way to meet and network with fellow fashion folks from the industry. As far as blogger events also go, I usually attend those which I find extremely interesting and I feel that inclinations towards attending. It definitely helps in so far as meeting , socializing and sometimes even recognition is concerned.
SG: I believe you are working with Creative Marketing Fix. But we know you have a degree in law. How did this happen? We bloggers would like to know how you pursued  a career in fashion even though you are a lawyer.Did you use your blog as your portfolio?
SK:
I am working with Creative Marketing Fix and it is true that my graduation is in the field of law and I worked as a lawyer for a year before making this change. However it was not all that sudden considering I have been doing freelance fashion writing for a number of fashion clients even through law school and of course  devoted a large part of my time and attention to my personal fashion blog. The final straw was the fact that I felt that this was my true calling and I need to at least give it a shot before I even discarded that idea. I'm happily writing and styling with CMF and doing freelance projects on the side and I feel supremely content. My blog was a part of my portfolio but not just my blog alone.


SG: Has your style and sense of fashion changed after you started blogging? Are you experimenting more and open to new ideas?
SK:
Most definitely, yes and yes. I have come a long way from blogging about what I felt safest wearing in terms of fashion choices to sporting tulle skirts with studded leather jackets (a la Carrie Bradshaw). I am definitely a lot more open to experimenting with different styles but I  think the basic structure of my styling and being remains the same as I am a girl's girl.
SG: What is your take on Indian  blogosphere? Can you name your favourite Indian blogs?
SK:
The indian blogosphere is definitely witnessing what I call the big bang theory as you notice all bloggers taking off in different directions trying to establish a foothold of their own. I think that's highly commendable but at the same time we are a relatively under-valued lot. We have a while to go before bloggers all over are recognized as a force to reclon with. Different blogs give me a different sense of fashion so in no particular order and I will probably miss quite a few that I cannot remember right now, Fashion Bombay( one of the first blogs that I loved and still do), Delhi Style Blog( sharp observational fashion commentary and quick wit), Purple Peeptoes (street style with a pinch of crazy), Manou ( street style with a soul), AJ( Adventurous personal style post), Republic of Chic( astute sense of fashion and design and I definitely miss her posts) from the top of my head.
SG: It was an overdose of serious questions. Let's have some fun. Answer in one word. Ya ya like rapid fire. (I am such a cliche')
SK:
I am definitely on Koffee with Karan :D
SG- I am super embarrassed . **goes into hiding**. :P
anywhoo...
Dresses or Pants?
Dresses.
Indian bloggers or foreign bloggers?
Home is where the heart is. Indian.
Sonam or Deepika?
For the fashion girl in me, Sonam.
Lipstick or lipgloss?
Lipstick.
Favourite cuisine?
Italian.
Paperback or kindle?
Kindle. (Yes, I am a convert but I have my reasons)
Currently reading?
The Mockingjay. (final book of the hunger games series).
Shopping bags in hands or online shopping?
Currently, online shopping.
Sleepless in Seattle or Harry met Sally or Breakfast at Tiffany's?
Breakfast at Tiffanys (its my comfort movie) Although I find all the three beyond adorable.
Thank you so much for appreciating my work and considering me worthy of an interview. :)

Editor's note: Shreya thank you so much for taking the time to answer the questions with so much details. It was more than expected,  I am deeply humbled. I have always loved your blog and will continue to do so. I hope you had fun as well.
You can all check Shreya's blog - HERE . She is an amazing blogger and a stylist.

If you liked the interview or disliked it, please comment, I appreciate your comments.
Also if you want me to interview some other blogger, do let me know. I shall try my best to interview them for you. 

                                                                Much love,
                                                                  Sindhu

Labels: ,