No anarkali please!

In the present day when we say Indian outfit, the first thing that comes to our mind is 'anarkali'! From celebrities to the common girls, everybody wear anarkali suits more than anything. Although anarkalis look really pretty and grand, let's face it, its not for a curvy woman like me. It only makes us bigger. There are few anarkalis which look flattering on curvy women, but mostly all of it makes us look fat!
So I went in search for a perfect diwali party outfit, and my mission was to stay clearly away from anarkalis. I wanted a long figure-hugging suit in a bright colour, because I always shy away from colours and end up buying black. I couldn't find a single decent long suit! The boutiques and shops of Hyderabad were bombarded with anarkalis. Finally I decided to attend an exhibition at hotel Taj, and got to see some good designer stuff from various places. My preconceived notion that exhibitions are lame completely changed!
I loved this goldenish beige suit with neon pink Chudidar and pink and orange gota patti suit. When I saw this suit, my requirements for the outfit I was looking for, came onto my mind.
-Not an anarkali : check!
-long: check! (Not that long but worked for me)
-figure hugging : check!
-bright colour : check!

The neon colour is perfectly balanced with the beige which has light golden jacquard. The suit has beautiful kundan embroidery on colour pattis. The gota patti dupatta was the reason why I loved the suit so much. This silhouette and cut is the best thing a curvy girl can wear. It showed my weight loss beautifully and earned me so many compliments.
I wore it with big sparkly earrings and off white stilletoes which gave a slimming effect.

Suit : Monika pitti (designer from Mumbai)
Earrings: forever new
Stilletoes: woodland

Labels: , , , ,